About this course
This course will enable you to understand the value of performance management techniques and how to apply them in a fair and objective manner. You will explore the value of performance assessment, techniques to improve underperformance, utilising effective feedback and setting SMART objectives.
The second unit will develop your knowledge and understanding of building relationships in the workplace. You will develop your awareness of the main concepts that apply to effective communication and understand the essential skills required to develop and maintain relationships at work.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
For me, CAVC is more than just a classroom as it provides me with an opportunity to combine a high level of rugby with my education
Career prospects & further study
After completing this course you can go on to complete the full 2-year Extended Diploma. Many students progress onto courses at university, others go directly into employment. CAVC offers a HNC in Sport Coaching which if competed successfully leads on to a top up at Cardiff Metropolitan University to complete the full degree course.
Need to know