About this course
This tool and workshop is relevant for managers at all levels, as well as staff wanting to move into a management position. This workshop uses online pre-work, engaging facilitation with contemporary video, and online follow-up to create a personalised learning experience. Delegates will learn how to read the styles of the people they manage and adapt their own styles more effectively.
Combined with a one-day workshop based on best practices, DiSC Management connects your unique management styles to real world demands, generating powerful conversations that assist in managing more effectively.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
Each delegate will be sent a unique log-in for a short online assessment prior to the workshop.
On the day of the workshop, a personalised report will be given to you detailing where you fall on the DiSC Managers Map, what your management priorities are and how they can impact the key areas of a manager’s role. Engaging facilitation, discussion with other managers and rich, compelling narrative adds depth to the data while strong visuals support the learning process and key messages.
The day focuses on;
- Directing and Delegating
- Improving Employee Motivation
- Employee Development
- Working with Your Manager
All with your own individualised profile report.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
Need to know