About this course
The purpose of this course is to develop the knowledge and understanding of different leadership styles or behaviours to be found in the workplace, including an understanding of your own preferred leadership behaviours, and the impact that these different styles are likely to have on behaviour of team members.
The second unit of this course allows you to understand the need for teams to have a sense of vision and purpose that reflects the organisation’s, and the role that effective communication, motivation and individual and team development play in enabling this to happen.
Day 1: 13.12.2023
Day 2: 11.01.2024
Day 3: 02.02.2024
Day 4: 16.02.2024
Day 5: 08.03.2024
What you will study
- Unit 308 Understanding Leadership
- Unit 341 Leading and Motivating a Team Effectively
Teaching and assessment methods
This course is delivered via face-to-face classroom. The delivery dates and times are outlined in 'About this Course', please ensure you can commit to these dates/times before applying.
Teaching is tutor led and will include group discussions, case studies and activities.
This qualification is assessed via a written assignment for each unit. You will be given full support to understand the assignment brief, guidance on assignment writing and you will also have access to 1-1 tutor support.
Please be prepared to carry out additional studies and assignment writing in your own time.
Level 3 Awards - 16 Hours (approx.)
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
Progression to ILM Level 3 Certificate by attending top up to Certificate Course. Please ask for details.