CAVC Employer Boards
An innovative way to connect with Employers...
The CAVC Employer Advisory Boards provide an innovative way for CAVC to connect with the employers that we work with. These discussion panels, that operate across Welsh Government and RSP Priority Sectors enable us to maintain real-time data about the skills and workforce needs of the region, which feeds into our curriculum development. They also provide an effective forum in which partnerships and innovative ideas can be explored and developed.
Our Employer Advisory Boards meet regularly with the aim of achieving:
- Provides the college and other board members with a shared insight into workforce and skills shortages. This provides rich labour market intelligence that is systematically used to develop our curriculum provision
- Provides a sounding board for Cardiff and Vale College's planned training provision, facilitating the opportunity for employers to shape these courses to meet their short, medium and long-term needs
- Provides open lines of communication with employers through which the employer can offer work experience or enrichment opportunities to current learners, and the college can support the employer in shaping a recruitment pipeline
- Demonstrates to employers that the college has a long term commitment to listening to their needs and transitioning our service to support the development and demand led provision
- Supports the regional advancement of the relevant sector, increase productivity and foster the development of home-grown talent.
Our Employer Boards operate across a range of sectors including: Catering, Hospitality and Tourism, Creative Industries, Construction, Engineering, Financial Services, Legal Services and Health & Social Care which are represented by over 50 different businesses.
If you would like more information on Work Placements or how to get involved in an Employer Board, please contact us